Are you protected? Suprise, you may not be. Flooding occurs in EVERY state. Many people find out too late that they are at risk for flooding, and even worse, that their property insurance doesn't cover flood damage.
- Homeowners policy DOES NOT cover flood loss to your home and contents.
- In certain areas, the chance of a flood loss is 25% greater than a loss due to a fire during a 30-years mortgage.
- Six out of every ten declared disasters involve flooding.
- Homes in areas where there is new construction or where there have been other events, such as forest fires, may be in greater danger than in the past because of changes to the land around them.
- 25% of all floods occur outside of a high-risk flood area.
- Federally backed mortgages in certain areas require flood insurance policies for the life of the mortgage.
To ensure that your property and belongings are protected, please call your insurance agent. Even if you already have a flood policy, you may want to discuss coverages with your agent to ensure that your policy is up to day.